Visiting Scholar Procedures
The Visiting Scholar Program is intended for scholars interested in research relating to gender, sexuality, or women who do not have a formal full-time affiliation with the University of Pittsburgh. Visiting scholars will gain a stimulating intellectual environment for pursuing their research and meeting others with similar interests.
Each visiting scholar will be selected for up to a two-year term. Preference is given to those working on topics related to research interests of our Program faculty. Two to four visiting scholars will be selected. Visiting scholars will have University library and computer privileges. Each visiting scholar will present a formal colloquium and will become involved in our activities. Visiting scholars may apply for external grant funding.
Please submit the following materials:
- A curriculum vitae
- Copies of recent or significant publications
- A brief statement of what you would like to do with proposed dates of position
- Needs assessment (computer/library privileges, etc…)
- Names of at least two people who may be contacted for letters of reference
- Relevance of the proposed project for our program
- Demonstrated research ability
- Evidence that the position would be helpful for career development
- Ph.D. or equivalent in research experience
There is no application deadline per se: we consider applications during the academic year on a rolling basis, though appointments must begin 9/1 or 1/1.
Please send applications electronically to the Director at firstname.lastname@example.org.