Support Gender, Sexuality, and Women's Studies
Why Support Gender, Sexuality, and Women’s Studies?
Gifts to our program have a direct impact on the daily lives of students and are applied in a variety of ways, such as:
- Lectures and Conferences: Our program regularly sponsors lectures, reading groups, and conferences on topics related to new scholarship on women, gender, and sexuality. Throughout the academic year, faculty, graduate students, and undergraduates present their work-in-progress at informal brown bag lecture sessions. These events are crucial for Pitt faculty and students to stay current in work in gender studies and to hear about emerging areas of inquiry. Students frequently tell us that attendance at a lecture or event sparked their interest in a new approach to gender studies.
- Research Awards: The Program awards three annual student paper prizes for the best undergraduate and graduate student research papers on gender, sexuality, and women. The Program also offers funds for students to pursue gender-related research projects around the world. Without these funds, innovative student research cannot take place.
- Feminist studies: Many students conduct fieldwork or other research on women that influences them for the rest of their lives.
- LGBT studies: Many students are exposed to academic approaches to sexuality through our program that informs the rest of their lives.
- Social justice: Equality based on issues of gender/sexuality. Outreach to the community.
If you are interested in endowing an annual lecture in a given area (feminist studies or LGBT studies for example), or a named student paper prize, please contact us. We also hope to set up scholarships for students in our program with a gender-focused cursus. We are also very interested, in the long term, in establishing a named Center for the study of gender and sexuality.
Making a gift to our program is quick and easy:https://secure.giveto.pitt.edu/aswws.php
You can also send a check made payable to the University of Pittsburgh to:
University of Pittsburgh
128 North Craig Street
Pittsburgh, PA 15260
Indicate “Gender, Sexuality, and Women's Studies Program” on the subject line of your check.
Call the University of Pittsburgh at 1-800-817-8943 to make your gift by phone.
Thank you very much for you generosity!